1& 1/4 Kgs
1/2 Kgs of raw Carrots ( red variety )1 lt luke warm water1& 1/2 teaspoon of Salt1& 1/2 to 2 teaspoon of Mustard seeds1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder1/2 teaspoon of red Chilli powder
- Wash & than peel the skin of the Carrrots.
- Cut the Carrots vertically in to halves- Remove the central yellowish olour hard portion of the carrots & than cut them into 2-3 cms long & 1/2 cm thick peices.
- Take the mustard seeds & grind them into coarse powder.
- Than take a clean & dried wide mouthed clourless glass bottled . The storage capicty of the bottle should be around 1 & 1/2 Kgs
- Put all the peices of the Carrots in the bottle & than add salt , mustard seed powder , red chilli powder & turmeric powder .
- Close the bottle with its cap & than shake the bottle lightly so that the ingredients mix well.
- Keep the closed bottle in a place where it is in direct contact with sun light for atleast 2 dys.
- After days open the jar & add 1 lt of luke warm watter to it & than with a ladle mix the ingredients & than close the jar & again place the jar in direct contact with sun light .
- Than for next 2 days daily shake the jar once in a day so that the spices do not settle down.
- The Carrot Water Delight is ready to consume on the 5th day from the day of its prepration.
-The carrot water Delight is sour in taste & if the consumer wishes to increase the sourness than should keep in sunlight for 1-2 days more otherwise refrigerate the Carrot Water Delight .
- The shelf life of Carrot water delight is aproximately a week in refrigerator.
- Carrot Water delight can be relished with Roti , Chapati , Parathas & Rice .
ADVANTAGES OF CARROT WATER DELIGHT :-
- Easy to make .
- Not very expensive
- As the sourness of the Carrot Water Delight is not due to Vinegar or any other synthetic agent it enhances apetite of the consumer.
- It is almost fat free dish as there is no fat or oil added in its prepration.
NUTRITIVE VALUE OF CARROT WATER DELIGHT :-
- Since the major ingredient is carrot is Carrot .The Nutritive value of the product is calculated using the Nutritive value of only Carrots . Also I have taken 1/2 Kg of raw red Carrots , I am calculating the nutritve value of only 300 gms of edible portion of Carrots.
PROTEIN : 2.7 gms
FAT : 0.6 gms
CARBOHYDRATES :31.8 gms
FIBER : 3.6