1& 1/4 Kgs
1/2 Kgs of Boiled Potatoes
1 lt luke warm water
1& 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1& 1/2 to 2 teaspoon of Mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon of red Chilli powder
- Wash & than peel the skin of the boiled potatoes.
- Cut the potato into midium sized pieces
- Take the mustard seeds & grind them into coarse powder.
- Than take a clean & dried wide mouthed clourless glass bottled .
The storage capicty of the bottle should be around 1 & 1/2 Kgs
- Put all the peices of the Potato in the bottle & than add salt , mustard seed powder , red chilli powder & turmeric powder .
- Close the bottle with its cap & than shake the bottle lightly so that the ingredients mix well.
- Keep the closed bottle in a place where it is in direct contact with sun light for atleast 2 dys.
- After days open the jar & add 1 lt of luke warm watter to it & than with a ladle mix the ingredients & than close the jar & again place the jar in direct contact with sun light .
- Than for next 2 days daily shake the jar once in a day so that the spices do not settle down.
- The Potato pickle is ready to consume on the 5th day from the day of its prepration.
-The Potato Pickle is sour in taste & if the consumer wishes to increase the sourness than should keep in sunlight for 1-2 days more otherwise refrigerate the Carrot Water Delight .
- The shelf life of Potato Pickle is aproximately a week in refrigerator.
- Potato Pickle can be relished with Roti , Chapati , Parathas & Rice .
ADVANTAGES OF POTATO PICKLE :-
- Easy to make .
- Not very expensive
- As the sourness of the Potato Pickle is not due to Vinegar or any other synthetic agent it enhances apetite of the consumer.
- It is almost fat free dish as there is no fat or oil added in its prepration.